I have 25+ years experience building successful web products, business intelligence units, cloud networks, and the teams to support them. I have contributed to both small startups and global corporations, with roles in technical leadership, data warehousing, web development, network security, and system engineering.
- Building AI/ML platforms and teams to enable data scientists to deliver value at scale
- Built and ran data analytics team for Rent.com, led through $415m acquisition by eBay
- Architected vertical search engine for Campus Explorer (now Archer Education)
- Designed Blackline Systems' Linux automation platform through successful IPO
- Optimized VideoAmp's user segmentation platform and real-time ad-tech bidding systems
- Collaborated with and advised startups at all stages of funding and growth.
Building AI/ML platforms, pipelines, and teams for innovative applications in the commercial investment banking arena.
Full-time, contractor, and consultant to various early- to mid-stage companies in the financial, entertainment, adtech, and blockchain spaces:
- Peloton, connected home fitness, from 2020-2022
- VideoAmp, data-driven advertising, from 2019-2020
- The Walt Disney Studios, private video streaming service, from 2018-2019
- Stealth Startups, internet security & blockchain, from 2017-2018
- BlackLine Systems, accounting software provider, from 2014-2017
Managed production platform teams through acquisition from eBay by RentPath. Responsible for Los Angeles transition from eBay to RentPath networks. Managed security, vendor relations, technical roadmap, and disaster recovery initiatives.
Managed Oracle infrastructure team. Expanded data center network onto Cisco, Citrix, and HP hardware. Deployed NetScaler ADCs, enabling Layer 7 content switching to facilitate responsive web redesign. Migrated legacy hardware to VMware instances on blade servers.
Architected and launched search engine for colleges using MySQL, Perl, and Catalyst MVC with Template Toolkit and jQuery UI. Participated in early recruiting efforts, strategy, and funding, including initial legal formation and incentive structuring.
Hired and managed company's first data team. Architected Oracle data warehouse, saving >$1M in first-year vendor spend. Delivered reports to C-suite using Perl and HTML::Mason. Administered and tuned Veritas clusters. Rent.com was sold to eBay for $415M.